Tuesday 18 December 2012

R.I.P Old Friend. MAJOR NARUTO SPOILERS!

Naruto 614 - Page 16I..... I'm in shock, right now. It's Zerojackson here, bringing you something that I would never thought of seeing. I can't even....... Wow. Just wow. I can't even form the right words, I best just show you:
Neji Hyuga is dead. Dead and gone. He saved Naruto and Hinata from a rain of spikes at the cost of his own life. The Hyuga Prodigiy, the genius, the one who would break the brand all of branch Hyuga's foreheads. But, he can't. He's........ I was in such shock and horror as I read this. Of all the people to die, Neji.... wasn't one of them. Not at all. Kakashi, maybe? Lee? Gai? Maybe even Hinata? But not Neji.
Neji and I, we've had a coloured history.
When I first started watching Naruto, and we got too the Chunnin Exams arc, I loathed Neji. Fucking hated him. He was a pompous ass who was horrible to his teammates, and everyone around him. Especially Hinata. The way he treated her was appalling  and in my eyes, he deserved to be burned to a crisp.
Eventually, though,, Naruto managed to beat him in the finals. Somehow. And he taught Neji to stop spouting destiny crap, and open his eyes. Properly. And I slowly started to like him.
However, my vision him was tainted, and it wasn't even his fault. Canon Neji, anyway. You see, I read an utterly disturbing fanfiction that still haunts me to this day. In it, Neji would rape Hinata over and over each night, and even though Naruto was Hokage, he refused to do anything. Because he would lose his best ninja. This fuelled my former hatred for the man into something more ravenous than ever before. I loathed him far more. I wished him to be dead, and crushed. And it was unfair. Eventually, I broke out of that pathetic rage, and realised that it was fanfiction. Fanfiction is utterly fantastic, and truly an amazing thing, allowing people to shape there own stories out of the plot of someone else's work. It allows for growth as a writer, and sharing as a community. However, in the wrong hands, it can destroy opinions, and fuel rage.

And it's truly sad, that I never really got to know him. Sure, I'm watching through Shippuden, now, and learning more about him. But he's now official dead. And it's heartbreaking. all his life he's had to deal with being a slave to the main house, and while he went about it the wrong way, his hatred is fair and admirable.
He was a genius, a fantastic fighter and a man with a good heart. I know it's weird for someone to be this broken up over a character, but that's me. I get emotionally invested in the plot, world and characters. So, to see a character who I was just getting to know and love, snatched away from me.... is horrible. He was Neji Hyuga, genius, and by far one of the greatest and strongest ninja who ever lived. Smart, strong and with a good heart, he gave his life to protect Naruto and Hinata. Only the bravest and strongest can do that.
So, while I may not like it (at all) I bid thee well, Neji Hyuga. You will always remain in my heart as the strongest, and one of the greatest Hyuga and ninja in the world of Naruto. Without your sacrifice, Hinata's life would have been lost.
So, I ask all those who read this, even if they dislike Neji, to pay some respect. He's a fallen and brave warrior who died in battle. And I wish I got to know him better.
R.I.P Lord Neji Hyuga. May your soul finds it's way to wherever it must go. And watch over them all.


I'm too sad to do my usual goodbye. So, see ya around, for hopefully something brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment