Friday 14 December 2012

Zerojackson: Introductions.

                                         Introductions

Yo. It's a pleasure too meet all of you. My name is Jackson, and I, well, I suppose you could say I'm the 'main owner' of this here blog. So, uh, yeah! Hello! I hope your all having a fantastic day, and enjoying yourselves in whatever you may be doing (including reading this blog). So, if you would be so kind to allow me to explain to you why I'm here.
I'm a writer. Nothing published as of yet, but I hope too one day. I'm an avid writer on a website called Fanfiction.net, so much so that I spend most of my time on there. I'm mainly a Naruto writer, but that's one of the reasons I created this blog in the first place, but I'll get to that later. Anyway, I love to write, adore it even. It's so much fun to put pen to paper (or hand to keyboard to word to internet). It's just something that captivates me, being able to create your own worlds, characters and plot-lines  However, fanfiction is something of a beginners guide, as it were. I'm nowhere near ready yet to publish anything original. I do work on some original works,but I'll wait for ages until I even think about publishing them.
Now, I think I should continue with the story about how I got into anime.
When I was 6 or 7 I went to a comic expo up in London (Yes, I am from England. A quarter Irish, not that it matters) and they were handing out DVD's of two episodes of a TV series for Jetix, which was a 7-10 year old television station showing Power Rangers and stuff. One of those episodes was something crap, I can't even bother to remember. The other was Naruto. The uncut addition. Full blood, and everything.
It was the very first episode of Naruto, and I watched it when I got back home, thought nothing of it, and went on with life. At the age of Ten, I picked Naruto back up again. I can't remember why or how, but I picked up Series 1-3 and watched them. Now, as a Ten year old my attention span was short, and I didn't really get the series, if you catch my meaning. It was all about the explosions and shit being cut in half, rather than the story and the character development. I thought that the Hyuga's were being mean to Hinata because she had done something horrible, like threw away fried chicken or something. So, I dropped it once again.
At the age of fourteen (I'm 15 now) I picked it back up. And fell in love with it. The plot, the characters, the fight-scenes and the world. It all interested me. And, having been a valid writer all my life I decided that I would write fanfiction for it.
Yeah.... Well, I ended up picking up another TV show and writing a fanfic about it, and it contained a Mary and Gary Stu. One line I think I used was "Each and everyone of them had the complexion of a super model."
Oh god...
But, I'm better now! I do love writing OC's for Naruto, and have recently published a number of works on Fanfiction, including the Winds of Change, a vast sprawling tale about a group of missing nin who stumble across Naruto and the gang as he tries to rescue one of his precious people. What transpires is something that changes the course of the shinobi world forever. *Ahem enough self-promoting*.
And, with my sole focus being on Naruto (I have Asperger's Syndrome btw, a form of Autism. If you don't know what that is, look it up, I feel I should mention it because, hey, why not?) I neglected all other forms of Anime. Until now. I've recently decided to express my love for great storytelling, writing, plot and characters. I'm in no way a professional reviewer, nor will I know anything about anime in general. This is all completely fresh and blind for me. Before we go into the rules, I would like to express what I shall be contributing to this blog. Since two other reviewers shall be joining me, I will state what I shall contribute. I shall most likely be the one to post the most on here, as I am Home-Schooled, and that frees up a lot of my time.
But, what shall I be reviewing. Welp, it will be mostly anime. I prefer that over manga. Nothing wrong with manga, it's just a personal preference.
I will start off by reviewing the Anime/Manga Fairy Tail, which I am very much enjoying. I will also review an anime called Toriko, but I won't talk about that yet. And, I may branch into Naruto, starting at the very beginning of the series, as I have yet to watch it subbed. Bleach and Once Piece are also on the agenda, along with Death Note, a series I am very much looking forward to watching.
Now, onto the format:
There will be two types of reviews from me. 
1. The Episodic Review: These be for anime that are over 20 or so episodes and that just keep going. I will give my thoughts on each and every episode of whatever I watch, giving you a spoilerific recap of the episode while giving my thoughts and feelings.
2. A Generalized Review: A review of a series with under 20 or so episodes. In this I will give a detailed review on what I thought of the characters and plot. This will be spoiler-free, but I shall include a spoiler part for my thoughts on the ending, plot twists ect.
Now, finally, onto the rules.

1. No bashing other people's ideas: If someone has an idea, or you disagree with something I or any of the other reviewers have said, then feel free to argue your point. Nicely. Saying an idea sucks is rude, and just plain mean. Argue against the idea in a way that is informative and concise, without swearing or being rude. And if you follow this rule, I look forward to many a debate.
2. We will get things wrong: I am by no means an expert, and neither are my co-reviewers. As I said, I will be going into an anime without knowing what is going on. So, know saying how stupid we are because we don't have a fucking clue what's going on. That's half the fun!
3. NO SPOILERS!!!: I can't stress this enough. No spoiling the story for us. If we express that we know what is going to happen, then feel free too in the comments. If we don't, then don't tell us! It's okay to drop subtle hints like 'I don't think your going to enjoy next episode....' or 'Your going to hate that character as the arc goes on.'. That's fine. But, saying something like 'OMG YOU'LL HATE THAT GUY EVEN MORE BECAUSE HE KILLS POOKY THE GOAT AND THEN EATS A WOMAN WHO'S THE MOTHER OF THE MAIN CHARACTER11111111.' This will result in a ban.

I think that's about it, finally. I'm super fucking tired. This has been Zerojackson, aka Jackson giving you an introduction on myself and why I'm here, the rules for this blog and what to expect from me. Anyway, have a great morning/afternoon/evening/night!

No comments:

Post a Comment